Why do we train people to order their inner world?
Song of Solomon 1:6
They made me the keeper of the vineyards, But my own vineyard I have not kept.
The world celebrates and glorifies the external. The world thinks less about the internal. The same secular thinking has infiltrated the church. We are so driven by the external, we tend to ignore the internal. We are driven by accomplishments, we tend to undermine authenticity. We are focused on capacity development, we tend to overlook character development. We are driven to advance the Kingdom, we forget to abide in the King. We think about our calling in terms of advancement of the Kingdom, when our first and foremost call is alignment to the King. Like the bride in Song of Solomon we have looked after other people’s vineyards and garden, but our own vineyard and garden, we have neglected.
Over the next 12 weeks in our Bible College Year 1 Semester 1, we are training our disciplemakers in tending to their own vineyard, their inner life. We will learn how to take stock of our inner life, how to take charge of our inner life and how to take care of our inner life.
Topics covered includes:
* What is Inner Life? How to Cultivate your Inner Life?
* What is Discipleship from the inside out?
* The 5 Processes of Spiritual Formation
* How do you pursue deep intimate relationship with God?
* The spiritual disciplines you must adopt into your life.
* How to Live Biblically and find balance in this Busy World?